February 9, 2008

Brand New Baby Blog

I was excited to get my first tag.... Thanks to Whiny Momma at Whine and Please!

So here's the meme and my carefully thought out answers:

Name one thing you do everyday
1. Sing my 3-year-old the "goodnight song". The one from 3 Men and a Baby. Do you remember that movie, from the late 80s? I think the song's called "Good Night Sweetheart".

No idea who these guys are, but they can sing. Needless to say I don't sound this good (but, then, I don't have an acapela band to back me up)



Name 2 things you wish you could learn
1. Jewelry making.
2. How to land a job I can stand doing.

Name 3 things that remind you of your childhood
1. The beach.
2. Camping.
3. Scooby Doo.

Name 4 things you love to eat but rarely do
1. Funnel cake (I didn't even need to change this one, Whine and Please has good taste).
2. Cheesecake.
3. BBQ.
4. Thai Food (alas, I would eat it way more often but you can't get it locally).

Name 5 things/people that make you feel good
1. My Kids & husband.
2. Friends.
3. Writing.
4. Learning.
5. Yoga.

I've been reading and I've been impressed with the blogs. Kudos, people, on all your fabulousness, humour and bravery for sharing little pieces of your lives online.

You've inspired me to take up blogging again.

I started out in 2005 with a family blog, not really for public consumption. This time I'm playing things a bit more anonymous and I'm working hard to get my blog noticed. I want people to read. I want people to comment.

I've done the research on how to get a blog noticed. I've registered, I've joined, I've read and I've posted comments. So far my blog has had an average of 14 visitors per day. So few. The good news, though, is that they're staying for an average of 7 minutes each so they must be taking a look around. So, to those of you who've visited and especially those of you who have commented, Welcome!

So, here's the thing.... And this is an important question...

If a blog is in cyberspace and nobody reads it, does it make a sound?

Hmmm... Maybe I need to lighten up and not worry so much if anyone is reading this?

Comments? Concerns?

.....

3 comments :

Amanda said...

I really like www.problogger.net for tips on blogging. One of his videos says that watching your blog grow is like watching grass grow. I think about that a lot when I watch the number of visitors that slowly rise.

To answer your question: I think you just need to determine why you like to blog. If its for family and friends then numbers don't matter. But if you want people to read you, then I would suggest keep plugging away. This post really inspired me when I started: http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-start-a-blog

This one is cool too:http://galadarling.com/article/more-blogging-questions

Keep it up! Your blog will grow! :)

Amanda
www.themomcrowd.com

SaraLynn said...

I have to admit I am a new blogger. Yours was one of the first few I came across and inspired me to begin. So I would love to link up, (is that what they call it?), but have no idea how. I do have you listed as one of the blogs I read. You are a riot and I love your posts!
~Sara

Whiney Momma said...

Thanks for doing this. I love cheesecake too. Forgot about that one.

As far as this blogging thing, I think you should do it for yourself no matter whether you have 10 people or 100. I say that now, although I secretly would love lots of people, especially those that like to comment!

I am just getting started on the blog promotion thing just to get myself noticed a bit. I guess I want that "sound" to happen to. Let me know if want to exchange links. You have a great blog in my humble opinion!