January 28, 2008

Riddle me this....

So... at various points in my life I've come across people who refuse to partake in whatever is popular, simply because it is popular. Seriously, what is up with that?

These people have variously refused to partake in Harry Potter, Facebook, popular TV, reality TV, popular movies, hollywood movies, celebrity gossip (and any of the other frivolous, fun and fabulous (i heart alliteration) pastimes that I love despite my education and nagging feeling that I should be doing something more productive). When asked for an explanation they usually tell me that these pastimes, especially hollywood movies, reality TV and celebrity gossip are bad for the brain. Apparently, they rot brains like candy rots teeth. Hun.

I guess they don't realize what they're missing. Everything I've listed above is fun, people. Fun. Remember fun?

I guess the serious, studious, and discerning people who I keep encountering are simply more highly evolved than I am. Oh well.... I'll trade evolution any day for a good movie, reality TV and big bag of M&Ms. Buh-bye brain, buh-bye teeth.... hellooooo good times.

As evidence of my love and devotion to all things popular culture, here is a photo essay I put together in my "notes" on Facebook after I had to wait for Amazon to deliver my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:

Hooray! It's here - a photo essay
12:50pm Wednesday, Jul 25, 2007

It's here! Check out the fancy box.

Woo hoo!

I opened the box.

It gets the thumbs up.

Me for the next few hours.

Was it worth the wait? I'll let you know as soon as I've read it.


Yes I am that much of a geek. Thank you for asking. I'm glad we cleared that up.

.....

No comments :