January 30, 2008

Don't be dissin' Missy

So, recently I made an appointment to get my hair trimmed. I've been growing it out for ages and now it's finally entering the coveted "long" category. I made the mistake of trying "real" bangs at my last hair appointment and have been using hair clips to push them to the side, or straight back (anywhere but on my face) every since. I wanted the dry ends cut off and my straight bangs transformed into the far more stylin' "side" bangs, so that they would blend in with the rest of my hair. Yay! Hair cuttin' time! The best time? Is hair cuttin' time.

Anyway, because I am a conscientious facebook user I updated my status: "Reluctant Housewife is going to get her hair did."

This resulted in the following exchange with one of my facebook friends:

FB friend wrote
at 12:53pm on December 6th, 2007

Ha ha, the spelling police have arrived. It's done not did! :D

reluctant housewife wrote
at 1:01pm on December 6th, 2007
Ha, ha! back at ya... gotta collect your badge & gun, dude. "Get your hair did" is a pop culture reference... Missy Elliott.... Look it up! ;).

FB Friend wrote
at 4:03pm on December 6th, 2007
Boo!

This is wrong on several levels:

1. Boo? what kind of comeback is that? And from someone who calls themselves "the spelling police" no less? Boo? I ask you.... What does this even mean? my guesses:
a) "Boo" because I took his badge and gun away?
b) "Boo" because he's trying to subdue me in the grand style of the spelling police of old?
c) "Boo" because of his new day job as one of the ghosts in the Nintendo MarioWorld games?
d) "Boo" because he doesn't like pop culture references in general?
e) "Boo" because he doesn't like Missy Elliott?
If the correct answer is e, and I'm afraid it probably is.... All I can say is.... Don't. Do not. Be. Dissing. Missy.

2. Who calls themselves "the spelling police"? What is up with that? I mean who died and made him captain perfect?

3. Does he really think that I would make a mistake like "done" vs. "did"? AKA: does he really think I'm that stupid? If so, what ever gave him the idea that I'm stupid? I'm not stupid, he's stupid. So there. Yeah.

4. And "done" vs. "did".... That's grammar! Not spelling! Grammar! Ha! I say, ha!

I think my point has been proved.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. Whew. I feel better.




.....

2 comments :

Elaine A. said...

What an idiot. Did you "de-friend" him? I woulda! ; )

Thanks for linking up, I'm having a blast reading everyone's old school stuff!

E

Debbie said...

Came over from Miss Elaineous. It is fun to read older posts. Love this one. And what is Boo about?