July 15, 2005

About This Blog

Who Is The Reluctant Housewife?

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Melanie and I am the reluctant housewife. There's no word or phrase to describe "stay at home" mom that I feel comfortable using (I find most of them are inadequate or insulting), but that's what I am. I've been at home, caring for my kids and avoiding the housework full-time, for almost 6 years now. I started blogging because I needed to do something to keep my brain cells from atrophying. Now, I blog for fun and because I enjoy having a creative outlet. I look for the humour in every situation and, as a result, I smile more than I frown and I laugh more than I complain. I hope you enjoy reading about my Adventures!

Click here to view complete profile.

Or learn more about what I'm really like by reading these posts:
I'm That Kind of Girl
100th Post - Ask the Reluctant Housewife

Contact me:
thereluctanthousewife@gmail.com

Or click here to see my lovely blog awards.

The Reluctant Housewife Family


Buddy


Buddy is a laid back guy with a big heart. When he grows up he wants to be a rock star, or an astronaut, or "one of those guys who digs up dinosaur bones." He loves making snowmen, reading books, and playing video games.

Buddy is 8 years old and can't wait to be big enough to drive a car.

Read more about Buddy here.


Monkey


Monkey is sweet, funny, outgoing and loud. When he grows up he wants to be a teenager. If that plan falls through his back-up plans include being Superman, or The Flash, or a tiger. He loves drawing, stuffed animals, and helping in the kitchen.

Monkey is 5 1/2 years old and proud of it!

Read more about Monkey here.


Hubby


Hubby and I were introduced by my best friend in high school (grade 11 - 1992). We started "going out" at the valentine's day dance two weeks later. We moved in together in University, in 1996. We got married on New Year's Eve 1998. I'm not sure when I knew he was "the one" - that is the stuff of the distant, murky past - but I'm pretty sure I was too young to be thinking in those terms when we first started dating. For us it's simple, we couldn't be with anyone else. It would just be too weird!

You can read about our wedding here.

Hubby is a great friend, a wonderful father, but a terrible househusband (seriously, where can a girl get good help these days?).

.....